What is the Lancaster Child and Family Learning Centre?
The Lancaster Child and Family Learning Centre offers a FREE drop-in, social and educational program to help young children and their caregivers prepare for Kindergarten.
The program is open to children, from birth to four years of age, who are accompanied by a parent, guardian or caregiver.
"What's Happening" at the Lancaster CFLC?
Happy New Year!
January 2020.pdf - Calendar Of Events
FREE Dental Screening: Tues. Feb. 11th,'20; 9 to 11:45am; Ages 6 mths to 4 yrs
You must register your child before Feb. 7th,'20; Walk-ins CANNOT be screened.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION** Kiss and Ride RULES_Lancaster.pdf
Why Play_0-6 months_Part 1.PDF
Why Play_0-6 months_Part 2.PDF
Why Play_6-12 months_Part 1.PDF
Why Play_6-12 months_Part 2.PDF
Why Play_3-4 years_Part 1.PDF
Why Play_3-4 years_Part 2.PDF
WHY PLAY? (4-5yrs.).pdf
Teach me to Talk
Young children learn best through play!
- Early child development sets a strong foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour and health.
- Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the ability of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children.
- Respect for diversity, equity and inclusion are prerequisites for honouring children's right, optimal development and learning.
- A planned curriculum supports early learning.
- Play is a means to early learning that capitalizes on children's natural curiosity and exuberance.
- Knowledgeable, responsive Early Childhood professionals are essential. (Elect, 2007)
Connect with your community.
The Lancaster Child and Family Learning Centre is a great place to connect with other parents, caregivers and families in your community. You will also learn about helpful Community Resources, such as:
- local housing
- health and dental care
- legal, employment and settlement services
- Library / Parks & Recreation locations and programs
- and MUCH more!
Lancaster Child and Family Learning Centre:
Lancaster Public School
7425 Netherwood Road, Mississauga, ON L4T2N7
By Car... north of Morning Star Dr., between Goreway Dr. and Airport Rd.
How to register:
Families new to the centre can pick up a registration form during their first visit. The forms may be completed during the program or at home and returned at the next visit. Families must sign in and out at the reception desk during every visit.
- strollers can be parked in the hallway
- children and parents/caregivers are required to wear indoor shoes
- a healthy snack is provided for the children