on the school grounds|
to Allan A. Martin.
It is a great place to learn, strive for excellence, and plan for the future.
It is a special and unique school offering two program options. Allan A. Martin
delivers an excellent middle school program for community students in grades 6,
7 and 8. It is also the home of one of Peel’s International Business and
Technology Programs (IBT) for students in grades 6, 7 and 8. Students interested in
possibly pursuing a career in business and technology apply to the program in
their grade 5 year for the three-year program. Who Are We?
Allan A. Martin Community Middle School and International Business and
A Tradition of Excellence
1390 Ogden Avenue Mississauga, Ontario · Tel: (905) 278 - 6104 · Fax: (905)
278 – 4800
At Allan A. Martin we … · See parents as partners in education · Endorse
middle school beliefs · Believe in leadership, involvement, and teamwork for all
students, staff, parents, and community partners · Are committed to developing
the whole person · Believe in developing a love of the Arts · Use technology as
an integral part of all curriculum
We are proud of our school. Our motto: “Allan A. Martin…a Tradition of
Excellence” is one we strive to achieve in all we do. If you would like to learn
more about our school, you are cordially invited to browse through our website,
give us a call, or come for a visit!
Our Mission: "The Allan A. Martin community is an inviting environment,
striving to maximize success while promoting continuous learning."
What Do We Value?
- High expectations for all students
- Clear expectations
- Leadership, Involvement, and Teamwork by staff, students, community … “Our
- Team Planning in grade levels, and in Program Teams
- Middle School Philosophy
- Teacher Advisory Program…‘Triple A’
- Time Management, Organization, Planning- The Agenda Program
- Communication- Newsletters/Website/ Open Houses/3-way Conferencing with goal
setting and 3 Report Cards/Open Door Policy
- Portfolio Assessment- wide variety of assessment strategies/personal
- Annual Education Plan– tracking and goal setting 3R’s Respect for self.
Respect for others. Responsibility for own actions. School Spirit
- Student and School Recognition- Celebrations/Monthly Assemblies (or more
often) and Awards’ Program
- Helping everyone be successful!
To improve student success, we link program and assessment goals in planning
while making excellent use of the Ministry Curricula expectations, Peel support
documents, modules and materials in mathematics, science, technology, The Peel
Writing and Reading Scales, and EQAO. - We will provide many and varied
opportunities for positive student responsibility, leadership, involvement, and
teamwork in promoting an active, inclusive, and successful middle school.
- We will continue to integrate technology to support a cross curricular
- All staff will be actively involved in their own personal and professional
The Allan A. Martin school community is an inviting environment that strives
to maximize success and promote continuous learning in all areas of the Arts.
Something For Everyone…
- Centre for Technology-Applications based
- The Arts! … Arts Alive!
- Arts and Assemblies Program-professional music/drama/dance/art
- Choice of a General or Instrumental Music Program (and new keyboard lab)
- Martin Mustang Musicians!
- Interschool Sports’ Program
- Extracurricular sports and clubs
- Friday Night Basketball
- Library Leaders
- Student Voice
- Martin Mentors
- School News Team
- Awards Program- recognized each term
- Community Projects- Jump Rope for Heart/Food Drives
- Food Services Club…student-run cafeteria program
- Junior Achievement Speakers
- School Trips: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, and more!
At Allan A. Martin we …
- See parents as partners in education
- Endorse middle school beliefs
- Believe in leadership, involvement, and teamwork for all students, staff,
parents, and community partners
- Are committed to developing the whole person
- Believe in developing a love of the Arts
- Use technology as an integral part of all curriculum