CREATE. INTEGRATE. INNOVATE.
Integrated Arts Selection and Application Process
The Earnscliffe Senior Integrated Arts Program is for You!
All About Integrated Arts!
In this integrated program, students will explore four areas – Music, Drama, Dance and Visual Arts – all while fulfilling the requirements of the Ontario curriculum!
Earnscliffe Arts students learn their integrated core subjects, including Language, Math, Science, History, Geography, Gym and French, through lessons and activities that emphasize and integrate the Arts. In order to enhance their learning and increase their motivation, students explore their creativity in all four arts disciplines.
Did You Know?
Grade 6 E-Arts positions are open to all current grade 5 students north of the 401, keeping in mind that transportation is not provided. Families will need to arrange transportation. Private bussing and carpooling are two recommended options.
Peel board Regional Learning Choices Programs (RLCP) are open to all students. Students who live in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga will be offered spots first. Students who live outside of Peel Region will be offered spots once local student applicants have been accommodated. In some cases, all spots may be offered to students who live in Peel. Copies of the most recent Report Cards are required with submission of the application.
Application & Selection!
Students do not need to prepare any performances or portfolios for this day.
The selection process is an exciting series of studio experiences in each art discipline (Drama, Dance, Visual Arts and Music) that your child will find exhilarating and enjoyable.
Each application must be accompanied by a $40.00 non-refundable application fee made through an online payment with the application. In the event that a student is not able to provide the deposit, it will be waived with a letter from the student's principal.
Upon acceptance, the cost of the E-Arts program will be $200.00 (plus a music instrument rental fee). Student participation in Band or Orchestra is compulsory. There are additional fees for the yearbook and Physical Education clothing if you choose to purchase them. Non-Arts field trips will be an additional fee as well.
*Please note that bussing is not provided for this Regional Arts program.
See the Bussing section for more details*
1. Content: Selection provides an opportunity to demonstrate potential abilities in each of the 4 areas of integrated arts: music, drama, dance and visual arts. Each area of the selection receives equal weighting. In order to provide equitable access for all students, it is not necessary to have any previous experience or preparation for the selection process.
2. Transportation: Parents/guardians are responsible for transporting applicants to and from the selection process. Parents are asked to ensure that students are picked up on time.
3. Break: There will be a break during the selection schedule. Students should bring a nutritious snack.
4. Clothing: Students should wear comfortable attire that permits freedom of movement. Running shoes or dance shoes should be brought on the selection day.
5. Attendance: To ensure equity of opportunity for all students, attendance is essential. Earnscliffe Arts will not hold private auditions, nor will taped performances be accepted.
6. Attitude: The most important part of the selection process is active participation. Students should be encouraged to do their best, and to try every activity.
1. Students will participate in co-operative group and individual sessions in a classroom-like format to provide a familiar environment for them. It is not necessary for students to have any previous experience or preparation for the selection process, but it is essential that they have a strong desire for an Arts education. These sessions will involve Music, Visual Arts, Drama and Dance. In Music, we will be looking for a student's ability to sing in tune, demonstrate a sense of rhythm and an ability to match tones. In Visual Arts, we will do activities to showcase a student's creativity. In Drama, we will look for a student's ability to use expression, creativity and problem solving skills. In Dance, we will look for a student's ability to improvise movement, display a sense of rhythm, group skills and problem solving skills.
2. During the course of the selection day, group leaders will be asking informal questions of the students in their group. The questions will help determine each student's desire and commitment to be in the program. Spectators, parents or guardians will not be permitted to remain in any of these sessions.
Interested in The Arts?
The Earnscliffe Senior Integrated Arts Program is For You!