Waste Free Wednesdays - Beginning March 7, 2012!
What is a Waste-Free (Litterless) Lunch/Snack?
A lunch/snack that contains no throwaway packaging and produces no waste. Food and drinks are packed in reusable containers, avoiding where possible the use of pre-packaged foods.
Tips for a Waste-Free Lunch:
• ask your child to participate in packing their lunch (there is less chance of wasted food if the child has a say in what they want to eat)
• pack drinks, sandwiches and snacks in reusable containers
• use a cloth napkin
• use non-disposable cutlery (stainless steel)
• bring a reusable lunch bag/box or tupperware to school
• pack fruit that comes in its own "natural" packaging (i.e.: clementine’s, apples, bananas)