Resources & Links
On this page, you will find categorized items containing a variety of Internet links that you may find useful as you work with your child/children at home or as they develop independence in selecting useful, appropriate and reliable Internet sites to gather information of interest and/or in relation to areas of study. Below you will find a brief description of the Internet links available in each category.
Homework Help is free online math tutoring for grade 7, 8, 9, 10 students who are taking mathematics. Homework Help offers live tutoring sessions in one-to-one confidential online environments. Students can ask questions, use the online tools and improve their math abilities. Homework Help is available Sunday to Thursday evenings, 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Use your OEN number to login.
You can access the resource at https://homeworkhelp.ilc.org/
The Ontario Education Resource Bank (OERB) is an online repository of resources to support student learning. Users can search the database by key word, topic, course and expectation. The login information is for use by Peel District School Board students and parents/guardians. Please ask your teacher for the username and login information. You can access the resource at https://resources.elearningontario.ca/
Forest of Reading
- Peel District School Board Library on the Web - search for materials, look up your checkouts.
- Caledon Public Libraries - a link to the Town of Caledon Public Libraries which offers a variety of resources including a search engine of items available for reservation and borrowing using a Caledon Library card
- Brampton Public Libraries - a link to the Brampton Public Libraries which offers a variety of resources including a search engine of items available for reservation and borrowing using a Brampton Library card
Each year our students have the opportunity to participate in the Ontario Library Association Forest of Reading programs. These programs provide students opportunities to read selected books which are written and illustrated by Canadians and nominated for the various award categories. Students then vote on their favourite and votes are submitted to the Ontario Library Association for tabulation and award announcement.
- Blue Spruce - Ages 4 to 7: Grades Kindergarten to Grade 2. The students will enjoy 10 nominated Canadian picture books and then vote for their favourite book.
- Silver Birch - Ages 7 to 11: Grades 3 - 6. The students read 5 books out of a list of 10 to qualify to vote.
- Red Maple - Ages 11 to 15: Grades 7 - 8. Although readers must read 5 titles in order to qualify to vote, an extraordinary number are motivated to read all titles on the Official list.
- Canadian Encyclopedia * This online encyclopedia is available in both English and French languages and is recommended for students in Grades 5-8.
- Britannica Online Elementary Schools - This online encyclopedia is recommended for students in Grades 2-8. A login ID and password is required and students are provided with a copy of these each school year.
- Grolier Encyclopedia - This online encyclopedia is recommended for students in Grades 2-8. A login ID and password is required and students are provided with a copy of these each school year.
*AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH AND FRENCHDatabases
The following database websites provide access to various reliable resources useful for research purposes.
*AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH AND FRENCHNewspapers
The following newspaper websites provide access to information useful for research purposes.
The following dictionary websites provide access to useful information for writing, editing and revising purposes.
*AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH