Hewson Public School has an active School Council. Throughout the year they consult on school policies and procedures.
Our Hewson Public School Council members for 2017 are:
Chair: Shelly Hussein
Vice Chair: Mrs. Khanguara
Secretary: Mrs. Mann
Treasurer: Mr. Khanguara
Parent Representatives: Mrs. Rohanlall, Mrs. Joshi, Mrs. Bhardwaj and Mrs. Shaw
Teacher Representatives: Mrs. Pennie, Ms. McClure and Mrs. Goberdhan
Our next School Council meeting will be on Monday, November 13th, 2017 starting at 5:00 p.m. in the library. All are welcome to attend.
Purpose of a School Council:
School councils play an important role in student success. They encourage a strong partnership between the school and the family and help parents become actively involved in the education of their children. School councils help good schools become better.
School councils are expected to:
• Advise the principal and, where appropriate, the board
• Place the interests of students first
• Support the Peel board’s school success planning goals
• Encourage parent and community involvement in the educational system
• Promote positive attitudes towards public education