Hewson Public School has an active School Council. Throughout the year they consult on school policies and procedures.
We are holding elections for the 2018 Hewson Public School Council members on Monday, September 24:
Our 2017-2018 Council Members were:
Chair: Shelly Hussein
Vice Chair: Mrs. Khanguara
Secretary: Mrs. Mann
Treasurer: Mr. Khanguara
Parent Representatives: Mrs. Rohanlall, Mrs. Joshi, Mrs. Bhardwaj and Mrs. Shaw
Teacher Representatives: Mrs. Pennie and Mrs. Goberdhan
Our next School Council meeting will be on Monday, September 24th, 2018 starting at 4:00 p.m. in the library. All are welcome to attend.
Purpose of a School Council:
School councils play an important role in student success. They encourage a strong partnership between the school and the family and help parents become actively involved in the education of their children. School councils help good schools become better.
School councils are expected to:
• Advise the principal and, where appropriate, the board
• Place the interests of students first
• Support the Peel board’s school success planning goals
• Encourage parent and community involvement in the educational system
• Promote positive attitudes towards public education