Does your child/teen have an intense sports or arts training and competition schedule that makes it difficult to attend school regularly? The Peel District School Board's new Peel Region High Performers Program will offer flexible timetabling to accommodate student athletes and artists with demanding practice, competition, rehearsal and/or performance schedules.
Does your child /teen have an intense sports or arts training and competition schedule that makes it difficult to attend school regularly? The Peel District School Board's new Peel Region High Performers Program will offer flexible timetabling to accommodate student athletes and artists with demanding practice, competition, rehearsal and/or performance schedules.
Peel Region High Performers Program opened in September 2017, and is offered at Britannia Public School (grades 4 to 5), Dolphin Sr. Public School (grades 6 to 8) and Mississauga Secondary School (grades 9 to 12). Students will have the opportunity to participate in school activities and will be supported as they work towards meeting the expectations of the Ontario curriculum. Students' learning programs will be determined based on each individual's training schedule and education needs.
Attend the information night to learn more:
To qualify for the program, high-performing students must be recommended by a coach, agent or instructor who can verify the students' levels of competitiveness, training hours and schedules.
Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
|First round acceptance offers issued:||Monday, January 13, 2020; acceptance of first round offers by 3 pm , Jan. 21, please|
|Other round acceptance offers issued:||Ongoing admission until our program is full|
What are we looking for in the applications?
Students who live in Peel Region will be offered spots first. We will not be assessing academic performance. When reviewing the applications, board staff will look for:
- coach/instructor's reference letter, which indicates:
- level of performance (regional, provincial or national level)
- training schedule
- competition schedule, if known
- coach/instructor's certifications/credentials
- student submission – why they believe they should attend the program
- Learning Skills from the student's last June report card; not assessing academic performance – if Learning Skills are not on your child/teen's report card, please provide their report card with a note; if Learning Skills have improved in the most recent report, please send that as well
- Current MCAP documentation indicating that you contribute taxes to the English Public elementary school system in Ontario
There is no cost to attend the program. There is an application fee of $40.
Transportation is not provided for students in the Peel Region High Performers Program. If students have been accepted into the high performers program and they live within the school boundary, they are eligible for busing only if they meet the distance criteria outlined in Policy 39 - Transportation.
Commonly Asked Questions About Dolphin.pdf
Please contact the Principal, Stuart van Oostveen for more information: email@example.com or call 905-826-4247