Benefits of AP
Advanced Placement can change your life. Through university-level AP courses, you experience learning in ways that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most Canadian and U.S. colleges and universities.
Here are just a few reasons to apply:
Gain an Edge in University Preparation
- Get a head start on university-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other highly motivated students
Stand Out in the University Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for university.
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Earn College Credit and Placement
· Most universities and colleges in Canada, the United States and in more than 60 countries around the world give students credit, advanced placement or both on the basis of AP Exam scores. By entering university with AP credits, you'll have the time to move into upper level courses, pursue a double-major or study abroad.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.
AP Class - A Different Kind of Class
· From the moment you enter an AP classroom, you'll notice the difference—in the teacher's approach to the subject, in the attitude of your classmates, in the way you start to think. In AP classrooms, the focus is not on memorizing facts and figures. Instead you'll engage in intense discussions, solve problems individually and collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.