In addition to providing literacy and numeracy assessments, We Welcome the World Centres provide newcomers with a host of services including: reception, orientation, interpretation and referrals.
At each centre parents/guardians and students will discover:
• computer portals—guided introduction to the Peel Welcome to School Kits and other Peel resources
• settlement service information
• translation of materials to support the reception and assessment process
• age and grade appropriate educational and related program resources
• audio-visual materials to explain the adult education program
• professionally administered child-care (only available during assessment and orientation process)
• information about various community supports and programming available
For more information about the We Welcome the World Centre and the services they provide, call 905-366-8791.