Counting on You
Counting on You is offered to students in grades 9 & 10 who require additional support with literacy or numeracy skills.
Clarkson will be offering after-school Numeracy and Literacy Test Preparation classes starting in semester 1 and semester 2.
If you would like more information, please contact Mr. Arduini or have your child pick up a permission form from the math office. This is a FREE after-school program.
The program is designed to boost:
- literacy and math and skills
- learning skills, such as regular homework completion
- self-esteem, motivation and student confidence
Students benefit from small class sizes and more personalized instruction. The program features dynamic lessons based on the regular curriculum and help with homework and assignments.
When do classes take place?
During the regular school year, typically after school twice a week. Classes run about two hours per session. Parents will be advised of the start and end dates.
Who is eligible to attend?
Peel board students who:
- are in grades 9 or 10 with marks below 70 per cent
- achieve level two or below in math, language or in any other subject
- struggled or did not pass the grade 6, 9 or 10 EQAO tests