PARENT WEB PROFILE OPTION
An Important Communication Tool between Home and School
The Parent Web Profile is a new communication tool available to parents/guardians of Clarkson Secondary School students that parents/guardians may wish to access. The profile option allows parents/guardians to access diploma status, credit history and attendance of their children on a daily basis. With respect to attendance, parents are able to see specific absence information (e.g., absence codes, dates) for each course and are able to view information for multiple students (children).
How do I start?
1. Log on to www.clarksonss.ca
2. Click on the link 'Parent Web' on the right of the page
3. You will then be directed to the page on which you will see four options on the left
How do I Request Access to the system?
4. Using the navigation bar on the left of your computer screen, click Request Access.
5. The screen on page 2 of this handout shows the information that you are required to fill
- Click in the First Name field and type your first name. Press TAB.
- Enter your surname in Surname field. Press TAB.
- Select your birth month from the dropdown list. Press TAB.
- Select your birth day from the dropdown list. Press TAB.
- Enter your email address in Email Address field. Press TAB.
6. Once it is complete, click on 'submit request'. This sends the "Request Student Access" to Clarkson Secondary School.
7. Repeat steps 1-4 for each of your children
When can I log on to the Parent Web Profile site?
8. You will need to receive an e-mail either accepting or declining your request.
This will take approximately 2 weeks.
It is 2 weeks later and I've received notification of approval, now what?
9. Once you are approved and notified, go back to the same site where you requested
access and log in. Bookmarking this site will make access easy.
What if there are errors or I have concerns?
10. Errors on the reporting system that may occur during the day can be rectified with a note
from the parents/guardians the following day and will be corrected within a few days of
the receipt of the note.
11. If a parent is concerned with the attendance being recorded at the school, a phone call to
the subject teacher or guidance counsellor is advised.
Thank you for your continued support of Clarkson Secondary School and we hope that the Parent Web Profile is just another way that home and school can work closely together to help your son/daughter reach their full potential.