Clarkson Secondary School
Advisory Council Minutes
January 22, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Principal’s Conference Room
Martine Brouillet, Jim Kardash, Sue McMillan, May Wong, Anne-Marie May, Margaret Morse, Nicky Rossi, Debi Lawence, Sue Piotrowski, Guylaine Juteau
Martine Brouillet moved to approve November 20, 2013 Minutes Carried - APPROVED
- Principal Kardash gave an overview of the happenings at Clarkson, noting the completion of the EQAO math test
- He provided a flyer for the Girls and Boys empowerment sessions on Feb 11 and 12
- Keynote speakers are Mayor Hazel McCallion and Chris Hatch
- There would be a formal dance on Feb 25th with a Mardi Gras theme. Also the school was celebrating the winter Olympics with Olympic themed activities
- Deferred to next meeting as students are currently studying for final exams
Review of Principal & VP Skills
- This is done yearly and existing documents have been carried over from previous year
- Martine Brouillet moved to accept the Bylaws as presented
Seconded by Niky Rossi - APPROVED
Presentation from Guidance Dept.
- Sue McMillan provided insights on the Guidance department
- She presented an interactive website called ‘myblueprint.ca’ which the students are using to track their study credits and possible university path
- It was suggested that Sue make a short version of this presentation and have it uploaded to the school’s website so others can see the process
- $517.14 raised from the QSP Magazine Fundraiser of which $300 is earmarked for Council Awards
- $500 to be applied to Parent Engagement
- $500 to be applied to the PRO Grant
- There would be follow up on the status of tent(s) for the school regarding cost. It was estimated tents would cost $250-$350 ea.
- There was some discussion regarding other items on the school’s ‘wish list’
- It was suggested that the donation form be issued by email to the distribution list
- QSP promotional material would be issued with the Report Cards on Feb 7/14
- Topics for future Council meetings include a presentation from:
April – French Immersion and English
Meeting Dates for this school year are as follows:
Wednesday - April 16, 2014
Future Council Meetings begin at 7:00 pm and take place in the Principal’s Conference Room.