Students can register for Summer School through Student Web.
Student Web will become active for students the day registration OPENS.
· Feb. 26, 8:00 a.m.– open to S4, grade 12 students only
· Feb. 27, 8:00 a.m. – open to S3, grade 11 students
· Feb. 28, 8:00 a.m. – open to S2 and S1, grade 9 and 10 students
Student Web Registration:
· Go to school website http://schools.peelschools.org/sec/davidsuzuki
· Scroll down and click on the Chicklet - Student Web
· Click on Summer School Registration and register.
Please ensure that you are picking the right course and location!
***Student Web registration closes on June 21st
Walk in Registrations - Students can sign up by walking in at Summer School location sites offering the available course.
July 2nd -9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We strongly recommended that you register well in advance of July 2nd !
Summer School Information
· 4 Week Session Courses (FULL): July 2 - 29
this session is for students who are attempting the course for the first time or looking to improve their foundation knowledge of the course)
· 2 Week Session Courses: July 2 -15 (session 1) or July 16-29 (session 2)
offered as a credit recovery option for missed credits
offered for civics/careers
Course Offerings are attached:
Summer - In-Class Course Offerings 2019 (1).xlsx
Have questions??? Book an appointment with YOUR counselor!
Students wishing to apply for summer Co-op must be aware that it is a five-week commitment that also includes pre-placement classes in April and May. Student wanting to apply MUST be going into Grade 11/12 in September.
Students interested in this opportunity should book an appointment with their counselor as it requires completion of additional forms.
PEEL eLEARNING – SUMMER
Interested in taking a course online?
For an online course you are expected to:
1. Fulfill the time commitment required for an online course;
- 2. Review the Student Responsibilities guidelines found online which outline policies on course participation, academic integrity, and final summative information;
3. Review the Internet Acceptable Use Policy outlining the expectations when using the Internet;
4. Complete the self-test (a series of questions which asks students to assess their skills and attitudes about learning online), and
print off a copy of you results;
5. Print and complete a copy of the registration form and obtain a parent's/guardian’s signature;
6. Take the self-test printout and completed registration form to your guidance counsellor for approval.
7. Attend the mandatory face-to-face course orientation on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019 at Mississauga S.S.
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Grade 10 classes
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Grade 11 classes
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Grade 12 classes
PEEL SUMMER STUDY/TRAVEL
· Civics and Careers are offered.
· The location of pre- and post-travel classes is TBD.
· Registration is a two-step process. Students must sign up at http://www.edutravelforcredit.com/ and submit the completed forms to your Guidance Counselor to have them register you!
Looking for more information?