SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
Are you a student looking to complete a course in Summer School?
Read the following information carefully and thoroughly. It contains information about registration, Summer Co-op, online courses and Peel travel and summer school opportunities.
Summer School registration is fast approaching and is on first come first serve basis. Register EARLY to secure your spot!
Students can register for Summer School through Student Web.
Student Web will become active for students the day registration OPENS.
· Feb. 26, 8:00 a.m.– open to S4, grade 12 students only
· Feb. 27, 8:00 a.m. – open to S3, grade 11 students
· Feb. 28, 8:00 a.m. – open to S2 and S1, grade 9 and 10 students
Student Web Registration:
· Go to school website http://schools.peelschools.org/sec/davidsuzuki
· Scroll down and click on the Chicklet - Student Web
· Click on Summer School Registration and register.
Please ensure that you are picking the right course and location!
***Student Web registration closes on June 21st
Walk in Registrations - Students can sign up by walking in at Summer School location sites offering the available course.
July 2nd -9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We strongly recommended that you register well in advance of July 2nd !
Summer School Information
· 4 Week Session Courses (FULL): July 2 - 29
this session is for students who are attempting the course for the first time or looking to improve their foundation knowledge of the course)
· 2 Week Session Courses: July 2 -15 (session 1) or July 16-29 (session 2)
offered as a credit recovery option for missed credits
offered for civics/careers
Course Offerings are attached. Summer - In-Class Course Offerings 2019 (1).xlsx
Have questions??? Book an appointment with YOUR counselor!
Students wishing to apply for summer Co-op must be aware that it is a five-week commitment that also includes pre-placement classes in April and May. Student wanting to apply MUST be going into Grade 11/12 in September.
Students interested in this opportunity should book an appointment with their counselor as it requires completion of additional forms.
PEEL eLEARNING – SUMMER
Interested in taking a course online?
For an online course you are expected to:
1. Fulfill the time commitment required for an online course;
- 2. Review the Student Responsibilities guidelines found online which outline policies on course participation, academic integrity, and final summative information;
3. Review the Internet Acceptable Use Policy outlining the expectations when using the Internet;
4. Complete the self-test (a series of questions which asks students to assess their skills and attitudes about learning online), and
print off a copy of you results;
5. Print and complete a copy of the registration form and obtain a parent's/guardian’s signature;
6. Take the self-test printout and completed registration form to your guidance counsellor for approval.
7. Attend the mandatory face-to-face course orientation on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019 at Mississauga S.S.
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Grade 10 classes
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Grade 11 classes
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Grade 12 classes
PEEL SUMMER STUDY/TRAVEL
· Civics and Careers are offered.
· The location of pre- and post-travel classes is TBD.
· Registration is a two-step process. Students must sign up at http://www.edutravelforcredit.com/ and submit the completed forms to your Guidance Counselor to have them register you!
Looking for more information?