SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
Are you looking to take Summer School?
Read the following information carefully and thoroughly. It contains information about registration, Summer Co-op, online courses and Peel travel opportunities.
Summer School registration is fast approaching and is on first come first serve basis. Register EARLY to secure your spot!
YOU register for Summer School through Student Web.
Student Web will become active for students the day registration OPENS.
· Feb. 25, 8:00 a.m.– open to S4, grade 12 students only
· Feb. 26, 8:00 a.m. – open to S3, grade 11 students
· Feb. 27, 8:00 a.m. – open to S2 and S1, grade 9 and 10 students
Summer School Information
· 4 Week Session Courses (FULL): July 2 - 29
this session is for students who are attempting the course for the first time or looking to retake a previously passed
· 2 Week Session Courses: July 2 -15 (session 1) or July 16-29 (session 2)
offered as a credit recovery option for previously missed credits
offered for civics/careers
Course Offerings are attached:
Summer Course Offerings 2020 - In-Class.pdf
Have questions??? Book an appointment with YOUR counselor!
Student Web Registration
· Go to school website http://schools.peelschools.org/sec/davidsuzuki
· Scroll down and click on the Chiclet - Student Web
· Click on Summer School Registration and register.
Please ensure that you are picking the right course and location!
***Student Web registration closes on June 19th
We strongly recommended that you register well in advance!
Students wishing to apply for summer Co-op must be aware that it is a five-week commitment that also includes pre-placement classes in April and May. Student wanting to apply MUST be going into Grade 11/12 in September.
Students interested in this opportunity should book an appointment with their counselor as it requires completion of additional forms.
Forms and additional information can be found by clicking on the following link:
CO-OP applications MUST be submitted to your counsellor by MARCH 25th, 2020.
Package to submit:
- completed coop form
- cover letter
- statement of understating
PEEL eLearning – SUMMER
Interested in taking a course online?
For an online course you are expected to:
1. Fulfill the time commitment required for an online course;
2. Review the Student Responsibilities guidelines found online which outline policies on course participation, academic
integrity and final summative information;
3. Review the Internet Acceptable Use Policy outlining the expectations when using the Internet;
4. Complete the self-test (a series of questions which asks students to assess their skills and attitudes about learning
online), and print off a copy of your results;
5. Print and complete a copy of the registration form and obtain a parent/guardian’s signature;
6. Take the self-test printout and completed registration form to your guidance counsellor for approval.
7. Attend the mandatory face-to-face course orientation on Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 at Mississauga S.S.
PEEL SUMMER STUDY/TRAVEL
· Civics and Careers are offered.
· The location of pre- and post-travel classes is TBD.
· Registration is a two-step process. Students must sign up at http://www.edutravelforcredit.com/ and submit the
completed forms to your Guidance Counselor to have them register you!
Looking for more information?
or go see your counselor!