Friday October 10th is a professional learning day. Teaching staff will be engaged in professional activities. Classes will resume on Tuesday October 14th (Monday October 13th is a holiday).
Our professional learning agenda:
Morning session - Meeting the needs of our learners
Afternoon session - Numeracy
- Identifying changing demographics of our community and student learners
- Identifying 21st century skills in practice
- Identifying learning profiles of our students not on track to earn credits
- Consolidating best practice for engaging students
- Exploring - 'Language vs. Literacy & Numeracy vs. Math'
- Growth mind set and numeracy
- Numeracy processes across the curriculum
Click on the link below to check out the EngageMath micro-site:
An exploration of this site will form part of our Professional Activity Day this Friday in Peel schools.
The site contains a number of resources, including our comprehensive numeracy strategy. We have organized the content according to the 6 (six) key areas of Balanced Mathematics Instruction, K to 12:
Attitudes to math
Approaches to instruction/assessment
Teaching through problem-solving
Basic facts and operational skills
Purposeful use of resources.
In addition to the six key areas, we also have sections for professional learning and parent resources.