REGIONAL COMMUNCIATION PROGRAM
This program is designed to accommodate the learning needs of adolescents with severe reading and /or writing learning disabilities as identified through a Psycho Educational Assessment. Students must meet specific criteria and be presented at the Central Board Office to be considered for a placement within the program. Each year, only 8 spots are offered at the grade 9 level. Special considerations may be made for students in grades 10 through 12.
Through intensive instructional, environmental and assessment accommodations, students will follow the curriculum expectations of the Applied and/or Academic levels of the Ontario Secondary Curriculum and be integrated into the daily life and academics available to all Erindale Secondary School students.
- To provide extensive accommodations and some curriculum modifications, if required, in order to support the student with compulsory academic subjects (e.g.. English, Math, Science, History, Geography, Careers, Civics)
- To encourage self-advocacy skills and teach learning strategies that will enable the student to achieve greater academic independence.
- Support the integration of assistive technology and compensatory software – Google Read and Write and various Board approved Google Applications and Extensions
- To prepare the student for increased integration into the regular secondary program
- To improve competency in literacy skills
Students anticipate coming to the Program because they believe that this is a wonderful opportunity for success and for a pathway to college and/or university.
Link to Regional Communication Presentation