The Peel District School Board has retained Hossack and Associates as the prime consultant for the renovation and the addition to be constructed at Glenforest. We have included the drawings to show the locations for the renovations and improvements.
The exterior work will include:
- a two-storey addition on the south side of the existing building to include 12 new classrooms
- a single-storey addition to the north side of the existing building
- landscape improvements and improved access for vehicles at the south entrance with a proposed kiss and ride for pick-ups and drop-offs
The interior renovation will include:
- accessibility upgrades for an existing student washroom and the installation of two new accessible washrooms
- the installation of a new elevator lift on the north side of the building
- an upgrade to the school's woodworking/construction shop
- a re-design of the school's cafeteria to support the culinary program classrooms, allow for natural lighting into the space and a new student-operated cafe
We are expecting the duration of the project will be approximately 18 months. During this time, access for construction vehicles will be off Fieldgate Drive. Access to the site will include safety measures and during occupied school hours, a flag person will be directing traffic whenever construction vehicles are entering and exiting the school property. The delivery of construction materials will not be scheduled during peak student traffic periods.
Construction can be disruptive and unexpected delays happen. The same may be true for the construction at our school and we will do everything we can to reduce the disruption to our students and community. In the end, the wonderful new spaces will be well worth the inconvenience we'll experience in the coming new year.
Thank you in advance for your patience and support. As always, please contact me at 905-625-7731, if you have questions or concerns.