Please note: The PDSB blocks SkyDrive and Hotmail attachments. You cannot open these files on a school computer.
THE LIBRARY STAFF
Teacher Librarian Mrs. Marsh
Teacher Librarian Mr. Fink
Library Technician Mrs. K. Dama
• Books (over 10,000 hardcover and paperback)
• Videos (over 800 titles)
• Encyclopedias (General, Specialized, Online)
• 30 Internet Computers
• Over 10 Academic Databases
• Vertical Files
SIGN OUT MATERIALS
You need your student photo ID card. Carry your ID with you all the times. Students may not use another student's ID card to sign out materials. Report a lost card to the library immediately. Replacement cards cost $3 each.
LIMIT ON RESOURCES BORROWED
2 nonfiction books per topic. A maximum of 5 items at a time; a maximum of 2 graphic novels.
Overnight loans may be signed out after school and must be returned before PERIOD ONE next day:
• Videos (max.- 2)
• Encyclopedias & other reference books (max-2)
• Magazines-back issues only (max-5)
• IB Study Guides
• Vertical file articles (max-10)
Student are reminded that they may place any resource on hold for a maximum of 48 hours.
Unless listed above as "overnight", all items are due back exactly 2 weeks from the day you borrow them. Videos can be borrowed overnight only. Only ONE renewal per item.
LOCATION FOR RETURNED MATERIALS
Place in RETURN box at the library entrance.
Library computers are for curriculum research ONLY from 8–4PM. Personal searches, forums, chat lines, personal email, games, and video clips are absolutely prohibited at all times. Library computers are for school use only.
VIDEO GAMES AND VIDEO CLIPS
Downloading video games and video clips is NOT PERMITTED at any time in the Glenforest Resource Library. Students will be suspended from all library privileges if they engage in this activity. Upon second offence, passwords will be disabled and students will be automatically referred to the Vice Principal.
If resources is overdue, a small fee will be charged.
• Regular loan: 50 cents per day per item
• Overnight loan: a dollar per day per item
OVERDUE BOOKS POLICY
First Overdue Notice
• After 2 weeks
• Notice sent to homeform teacher
Second Overdue Notice
• After 4 weeks
• Notice sent to homeform teacher again and a phone call home
Third Overdue Notice
• After 5 weeks
• The student is called down to the library and informed by Mr. Fink/Mrs. Marsh that he/she has 24 hours to return the book or student’s login/password will be disabled
LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIALS
Students must pay the replacement cost of the resource plus a $5 processing fee if they have lost or misplaced a library resource.
RULES IN THE LIBRARY
Our rules are simple.
• Four people maximum at a table at any time
• Study silently in the carrels
• Do not bring food or drinks into the library
• No board games or playing cards
• Water bottles are permitted