Where Do I Go From Here?
It's time to start thinking about your post-secondary plans! Where are you going and how will you get there? Are you going directly to work? Starting an apprenticeship program? Planning to attend college or university? Stay calm…we'll walk you through it!
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL TIPS.
#1 Don't forget to complete your 40 Hours community service and bring it to Guidance.
#2 Attend the College/University/Apprenticeship/Armed Forces Fair on October 19 at 8:20 am at Heart Lake Secondary School where you can access each school representative as well as choose to attend 3 formal sessions held by the schools.
There are MANY great websites with job opportunities.
Visit your counsellor for more specific information.
Keep an eye on the job board in the hall outside the Guidance Office.
The National Job Fair and Training Expo: click here
Go to www.ontariocolleges.ca
for general information, programs, to apply and to link to other sites.
Go to the ONTARIO COLLEGE INFORMATION FAIR
VISIT THE COLLEGES
You are encouraged to visit the colleges yourselves to discover if the institution
suits you and your style.
Remember, you will be spending up to 3 years there!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at www.ontariocolleges.ca. You will create your own password.
Cost: $95 for maximum of 5 program choices (max. 3 per college)
You will need your social insurance number, your OEN number on your Status Sheet, payment format and program choices.
Deadline (for equal consideration): February 1, 2018
Go to www.electronicinfo.ca for general information and links to university sites.
VERY IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
- You must have 6 grade 12 courses at the "U" or "M" level in order to be considered! Check out your timetable and status sheet!
- The universities will average your best 6 4U/4M marks including any required courses for admission.
- You may be asked for further information, for example, extracurricular, volunteer and community experience.
- Entrance marks vary by university and program.
- Make sure you check for any required courses needed to apply for programs.
VISIT THE UNIVERSITIES
- You are encouraged to visit the universities you are interested in to discover if the institution suits you and your style.
- Remember, you will be spending at least 4 years there!
HOW TO APPLY
In November you will be receiving a PIN number from your guidance counsellor.
You may then apply on-line at www.ouac.on.ca
Cost: $150 for three program choices
$50 for each additional program choice
Deadline: January 17, 2018
** University deadlines are critical. Do not leave your application to the last minute.**
Remember your counsellor would love to help with any questions or problems you have!!
Come to Guidance and make an appointment sooner rather than later.