The Guidance and Career Education department provides in-class workshops and additional counselling support to help students to make informed choices on their selection of courses.
Students will have limited opportunities to change course selections, if such changes can be accommodated:
· students and parents make initial selections, on-line, before the January deadline date
· students can make any desired changes to these selections online during a week-long "window" in mid to late February
· students have a final opportunity to request course changes using a form available in Guidance in early June
· students who require changes due to summer school results and similar issues can request necessary changes during the week prior to school start, with significant limitations
· no courses can be changed or dropped without Guidance and Administrator support.
1. Only students with twenty four (24) credits are eligible for a study period.
2. Only students within 2 credits of graduation may apply for part-time status, with the approval of the Principal. Students must maintain good attendance until the decision is made.
3. Students who enrol in a course, fulfil all course requirements (attendance, assignments, tests, final examination) and yet fail the course, have two options: i) summer school or night school or ii) re-enrol in day school to repeat course where space allows.
4. Students who enrol in a course and fail to complete all course requirements (See #3) have two options: i) summer school or ii) night school.
5. Students taking a course for the first time will take priority over those students who want to repeat a course. No student will be given permission to repeat a course in day school until they have received a Final Report Mark in that course.
Exceptions to the above require the Principal’s approval.