S.I.K. (Smoking Isn't Kool)
- S.I.K., short for "Smoking Isn't Kool," is a youth-driven, peer-to-peer tobacco awareness program based on the Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) program.
- There are a wide variety of grade 9 to 12 students who participate in distributing awareness for "Smoking Isn't Kool"
- Around the school, there are posters on the walls that raise awareness for S.I.K., different topics are discussed during meetings on how to eliminate smoking in our schools, as well as different methods that can be taken to not begin smoking in the first place.
- Here's what members are doing in our school to raise awareness about the health effects of smoking, and how the tobacco industry targets youth:
- Health fairs
- Making videos about tobacco
- Inviting guest speakers
- Poster contests
- Raising money for the Canadian Cancer Society presentations