Join Us Thursday October 10th ...
School Council has a special guest speaker event coming up ...
University Admissions, Guest Speaker Event - Thursday, October 10, 7:00 pm, in the school lecture hall.-School Council's first guest speaker of the year is Deborah Peart, a Recruitment and Liaison Officer with University of Toronto - Mississauga Admissions.
Her perspective is a University of Toronto perspective but many of the topics she addresses are applicable to the transition into university in general. Here are some of the things she will address:
- Differences between high school, college and university
- The parent role at each level
- Definitions of things like: program, degree, B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, Honours, Specialist, etc.
- How students earn or design a degree (UofT)
- How students can research their different options
- Requirements for Admissions ( Uof T)
- The OUAC process
- Navigating Offers
- Alternate Pathways.
- Tuition/scholarships/financial aid (Uof T perspective)
- Student responsibilities to be aware of at a post secondary level
Some Lorne Park parents have seen Deborah Peart speak in the past and so she comes highly recommended to us.
School Council hopes to see you there !