The Peel Region High Performers Program is for student athletes and artists with demanding practice, competition, rehearsal and/or performance schedules.
Learning programs for students will be determined based on each individual's training schedule and education needs.
Key Features of our Secondary School High Performers Program:
- Individual timetabling to accommodate demanding practice, competition, rehearsal and/or performance schedules.
- Integrated 2-credit courses with unique features
- eLearning and independent course options
- Flexible classroom programming
- Common High Performers period
- Designated and dynamic High Performers Centre
- Support for academic and personal wellness
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (P.L.A.R.)
The Application must include:
- Coach/instructor reference letter, which indicates:
- level of performance (regional, provincial or national level)
- training schedule
- competition schedule, if known
- coach/instructor's certifications/credentials
- Most recent report card
- Student submission – why they believe they should attend the program
- Application Fee of $40
Program information and application portal can be found online at: www.peelschools.org/HighPerformers