Summer School Information
Summer school registration will begin on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 for all courses. Registration begins at 8:00am. Information about locations and courses can be viewed at http://www.peelschools.org/adulteducation/summerschool.
Room 119A & 119B Computer Lab will be available from 7:50am to 8:25am on Wednesday, May 1st.
New credit courses run from July 2 to July 29. Make up credit courses and Careers & Civics run for 10 days; either July 2 – July 15 or July 16 – July 29. All courses are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m..
To officially withdraw from a course you must contact your Guidance Counsellor or the summer school office at the summer school site. The last day to drop a course without full disclosure is Monday, July 15th.
Students will once again be using the online web-entry sign-up system (the same one used for the option selection process). Register early as the spaces available fill up quickly.
Students should confirm their password on the following website prior to April 30th. Come to the Guidance office immediately if you need to have your password reset. The orange button will also take you directly to this site.
Brampton Summer School locations for 2013 include: Turner Fenton (North), Fletcher's Meadow, Louise Arbour, Chinguacousy, Sandalwood Heights and Central Peel Secondary Schools.
The Summer School online sign up process will occur between Wednesday, May 1st and Friday, June 14th, 2013 at noon. Sign up for ALL Online Summer School courses MUST be completed by a Guidance counsellor.
Things to keep in mind about Summer School:
- Students may take ONE summer school credit or TWO HALF summer school credits whether online or in class.
- Students must be prepared to allocate sufficient amount of time to homework.
- Textbooks are supplied to students.
- Make up credit courses for grades 9 to 12 are based on 55 hours and are open to students who completed the same course during the regular school year and achieved a minimum mark of 40%.
- Full make up credits and new credit courses for grades 10 to 12 are 110 hours plus time to complete homework.
- Online courses are available for grades 10 to 12. Students are expected to attend an orientation at the beginning of the course. Registration for Online Summer School courses is completed through the Guidance office.
- Registration is accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
Registration Verification Forms: Students must pickup their Registration Verification form from the Guidance office during the June exam session and take it with them on the first day of summer school! This will serve as confirmation of registration.
Web-Entry Summer School Course Registration Instructions (PDF)
Provides information on how to register for the course, the verification process, and dates to keep in mind.
Online Summer School Course Exploration Checklist (PDF)
Provides a checklist to guide you through the online course registration process.
Brampton Summer School Course Offerings (PDF)
Provides a list of locations and courses being offered in Brampton secondary schools.
Online Course Offerings (PDF)
Provides a list of summer school courses offered in an online environment.