The Food for Thought Program
The Food for Thought program at PAS North cultivates life skills related to food, nutrition and health. Students will develop English and Math skills in a practical, hands-on setting as they explore the process of getting food from the farm to the table.
Skill development includes:
- Safe food and kitchen equipment handling
- Following recipes
- Problem solving through understanding measurement, proportional reasoning involving rates, ratios and fractions
- Money sense
- Understanding narrative, graphic and informational texts
- Writing summaries, informational paragraphs, series of opinion paragraphs and news reports
Students can enrol in 4 credits per semester:
- HFL 3E/4E Food and Nutrition
- OLC40 Literacy Course
- an essential math credit (various options)
- an essential science credit (various options)
Speak to guidance for more information at 905-455-1225.