The teams that represent Port Credit Secondary School compete within the Region of Peel Secondary School Athletic Association (ROPSSAA). ROPSSAA is made up of over sixty schools from across the Peel Board of Education and the Dufferin Peel Roman Catholic Separate School Board.
ROPSSAA has leagues and championships for the following sports:
- Alpine Skiing (winter)
- Badminton (spring)
- Baseball (spring)
- Basketball (girls - fall / boys - winter)
- Cricket (winter/spring)
- Cross Country Running (fall)
- Curling (winter) *
- Fast pitch Softball (spring) *
- Field Hockey (girls - fall) *
- Field Lacrosse (boys - spring)
- Flag Football (girls - fall)
- Football (fall)
- Golf (fall)
- Hockey (boys, girls - winter)
- Rugby (girls spring)
- Slo-pitch Softball (spring)
- Soccer (boys, girls - spring)
- Tennis (fall)
- Track and Field (spring)
- Ultimate [Peel Champions 2011] (spring)
- Volleyball (boys * - fall / girls - winter)
- Wrestling (winter)
* indicates the sports that Port Credit did not compete in for the previous school year due to a lack of coaching or interest on behalf of our students.
Most sports offer play at both Junior (grade 9 and 10) and Senior (grade 11 and 12) levels of play, however, some sports are ‘varsity’ only. In addition, some sports also offer play at the Bantam level (grade 9).
Students at Port Credit can usually only play one sport during each of the three sports seasons (Fall, Winter, and Spring). Tryouts/signups for sports take place in September for Fall sports, November for Winter sports, and March/April for Spring sports.
Teams typically practice 2-5 times per week and games usually take place 1-2 times per week during the competitive season. Practices take place either before school, at lunchtime, or after school.
The teachers at Port Credit as well as qualified coaches from our community coach our teams on a voluntary basis.
Students are asked to pay a nominal user fee ($30 per athlete per sport) to offset the cost of transportation and officiating. In addition, a team fee may be collected to pay for uniforms, tournaments, and additional costs associated with some sports (e.g. ice time for hockey).