Grade 11 Leadership and Peer Support Class GPP3O0
The Leadership and Peer Support course provides social and leadership skills to students, who, in turn, provide social and academic support for students in grade nine and ten classes.
Role of the Peer Mentor:
- Teacher Assistant in a Gr. 9 or 10 placement class for the majority of the week along with attending Peer and Leadership Support Class part of the week
- Student Ambassador for school events in the evening (e.g.) Parent/Teacher Interview Night, Commencement, Gr. 8 Open House
- Help organize school fundraisers (e.g.) Terry Fox Day
- Assist with daytime school events (e.g.) Assemblies, Picture Day, Gr.9 Orientation Day and Registration
Benefits of Taking Leadership and Peer Support
· Great leadership experience
· Opportunity to obtain community hours
· Participate in Crossroads Academy Program
· Get to know students in the junior grades
Application is due: April 2, 2018. You can drop your application off in the Guidance Dept. with the Receptionist Ms. Ruiter.
*If you have further questions you can ask Ms. Hashimoto in the Co-op Office on the 3rd Floor, Rm. 311.
PEER MENTORING APPLICATION FORM 2018.doc