Peel Summer School 2020
Regular Summer School:
Classes: July 2 to July 29th
Full session (110 hrs) courses: July 2 to July 29th
Session 1 (55-hour) course: July 2 to 15
Session 2 (55-hour) course: July 16 to July 29
Registration ALL summer schoool classes:
Registration is now OPEN for all students
> visit: www.pcssonline.com >find the student web icon on this page. Click this on, sign in and pick the course and location.
> no paper applications are needed.
> Student web registration closes on June 19th.
> After this date, students will need to register with their Guidance Counsellor until June 26th, by 12 noon.
Late/walk in registration: Thurs. July 2nd 9 am to 12 noon
>all summer school students
>recommended that students register well in advance of July 2nd
Peel eLearning Summer School Orientation sessions at Mississagua S.S.
9:30 am to 10:30 am: Grade 10 classes
10:30 am to 11:30 am: Grade 11 classes
11:30 am to 12:30 pm: Grade 12 classes
> students MUST attend.
Summer Co-operative Education
The Summer Co-operative Education Program allows students to earn two (2) credits by integrating course curriculum with learning at a work placement during the five-week program. Students are monitored and supported in their learning by the placement assistant administrator and co-op teachers. Students must be available to commit to the entirety of the program. There are no accommodations for vacation or other summer plans.
- gain workplace experience in a unique learning environment outside the classroom
- develop employability skills and work habits that are applicable to the workplace
- participate in hands-on learning in a safe and encouraging environment
- choose a work placement based on their interests, readiness and needs
- connect and build relationships with potential future employers
Summer Co-op is available to current Peel District School Board day school students only.
Acceptance into the Summer Co-op program will be based on the following priorities:
- Students who will have earned a minimum of 20 credits by June.
- Students who require their final 2 credits to graduate.
- Students who are recommended by their Guidance Counsellors as requiring an alternative learning experience in working towards their OSSD.
Co-op Pre-placement, Work Placement and Integration Days Schedule (posted January 15, 2020) and Student Calendar 2020.
Register for Summer Co-operative Education:
Submit your hard copy of the registration package to your Guidance Counsellor by the March 25th deadline.
The registration package includes the following:
- Summer Co-op Application Form 2020 OR Summer Co-op Application 2020 PDF Fillable Format
- an up-to-date résumé
- cover letter
- the Statement of Understanding with parents/guardians initials and signatures for the first class.
Student Handbook 2020
More information: www.peelschools.org/summerschool
Dufferin Peel Summer School
Information has arrived and is posted outside to the Guidance office. Paper application forms are needed to register for this board. Pick-up your application form outside of the guidance office or download from
the Dufferin Peel website below. Courses offered and the locations are also found by clicking the link below.
All forms must be handed in no later than May 28th, 11:10 am to the PCSS Guidance office