Preparing for the OSSLT
What is the osslt?
All grade 10 students in Ontario are required to write the Ontario Secondary Literacy Test (OSSLT). The test is based on the expectations of the Ontario curriculum and measures students' reading and writing skills.
- Successful completion of the OSSLT or the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course (OLC) is a mandatory graduation requirement.
When and where and How do students write the test?
When and Where?
- Students write the test at their school in specifically assigned rooms. Students will be notified of the rooms in advance of the test.
- This year's test will be written on Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 8:30 am.
- The test is composed of two booklets, written in two 75-minute sessions, with a five-minute break between the two sessions. For additional information on the test, please visit the EQAO website at this link.
Test Preparation Tools and Guides
- How to Read and Respond to Questions about a Graphic Text
- How to Answer Short Answer Questions
- How to Write a News Report
- How to Write a Series of Paragraphs