Department Head: Mr. D. Hilgendorff
The technology department at Sandalwood Heights offers an exciting hands-on approach to teaching technological studies.
The Grade 9 Exploring Technologies course is the gateway to all of the Technology areas offered at our school. It provides students with opportunities for participating in fun, hands-on activities and projects that explore all of our technology areas.
In Grades 10 to 12, students have the ability to take more specialized courses that are offered in the following areas:
- Communications Technology - students explore areas in graphic design, video, animation and broadcasting/movie production.
- Computer Engineering Technology - students study analogue and digital electronics, computer interfacing, robotics, computer networking, and computer hardware setup and repair.
- Construction - students explore areas of woodworking and building construction in our state of the art construction facility.
- Health Care – students investigate and learn about how the body works. Hands-on training using special models and medical equipment make for an engaging learning environment that would help anyone interested in a health care related field.
- Hospitality - students explore culinary concepts and techniques in a fun, and hands-on environment. Senior Hospitality Students have the opportunity to take part in operating our famous student-run restaurant, Bistro 2671.
- Manufacturing - students learn a variety of metalworking and manufacturing techniques to build amazing projects such as jewelry, toys and custom engraved belt buckles.
- Technological Design - students use state of the art computer software to design projects and then build architectural and product design models using a variety of materials.
- Transportation - covering auto mechanics, welding, and other areas of transportation
Specialist High Skills Majors – Sandalwood is proud to offer SHSM programs in both Manufacturing and Hospitality. Please contact the Sandalwood Guidance or Technology Departments for more information.