Welcome to Cosmetology at Turner Fenton
Grades 9-12 are all welcome
This course provides students with opportunities to learn techniques in Hairstyling and Aesthetics that meet industry standards, using appropriate materials and equipment. Students will identify trends in the hairstyling and aesthetics industry; describe scientific and physical processes used in beauty services; learn to respect environmental, health, and safety laws; and explore career opportunities. This course will focus hairstyling and aesthetic components.
Enjoy these websites and tips to improve your natural beauty:
Oily skin occurs due to the body producing more oil than necessary and is prone to breakouts and blackheads. Always wash your hands before cleansing your face to protect your skin from bacteria.
- Cleanse morning and night with a gel or liquid cleansers. Avoid creamy or oil based cleansers. Use warm, not hot water to rinse.
- Don’t over wash as this can strip your face of the essential oils that serve as a barrier to a lot of irritants.
- Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells and deeply cleanse.
- Use a toner on the oily parts of your face to unclog and tighten pores.
- Moisturize — oily skin needs moisture just as much as any other skin type. Use a product specifically for your skin.
- Use a daily SPF – choose an oil free version to avoid blocking pores and causing outbreaks.
- Eat foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, mackerel, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts to improve skin texture..
- Avoid foods high in fat and sugar and increase your intake of proteins and complex carbohydrates.
- Supplement your diet with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and fruit juice.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid products with fragrances as they can irritate your skin.
- Never rub, squeeze or pick spots.
- Choose a foundation specifically formulated for oily skin.
- Find a powder blush instead of a cream formula to avoid blocking pores.
- In the cases of severe acne it is recommended that you contact your doctor.
Ms. Guidi and Mrs. Santos
Favourite Products we recommend:
Bioderma Face wash
Lise Watier Bronzer
Kenra 25 hairspray
Sebastian Shampoo& Conditioner
Cover FX foundation & Primer
Hair colour- Matrix, Wella Color Charm, Schwarzkopf
Mac Make up