In addition to providing literacy and numeracy assessments, the We Welcome the World Centres provide newcomers with a host of services including: reception, orientation, interpretation and referrals.
At each centre, parents/guardians and students will discover:
- settlement service information
- age and grade appropriate educational and related program resources
- information about various community supports
- translation of materials to support the reception and assessment process
- computer portals— providing information on Peel resources
For more information about the We Welcome the World Centre and the services they provide, call 905-366-8791.