West Credit Secondary School
Applied Skilled Trades Program
Pursue Your Passion!
Do you want an exciting, rewarding career with a competitive salary?
Do you want to earn while you learn once you have graduated high school?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, the Applied Skilled Trades Program at West Credit can help you reach these goals.
What is the Applied Skilled Trades program?
The Applied Skilled Trades Program at West Credit Secondary School is an Applied Level program that focuses on the skilled trades. The program provides students with the opportunity to choose from the widest variety of trade courses in Peel. Students also have the opportunity to focus on a particular pathway as they move into the senior grades.
Our Skilled Trades Courses are:
- Construction Technology
- Green Industries (Horticulture and Landscaping)
- Hairstyling and Aesthetics
- Hospitality and Tourism (Chef Training and Baking)
- Manufacturing Technology
- Transportation Technology (Auto Body and Auto Service)
After graduation, students are equipped with the skills and experience to transition to college, apprenticeships or the workplace.
Why choose the Applied Skilled Trades program?
Recognized as a one of a kind facility, students work in shops which are equipped with industry standard equipment. The Applied Skilled Trades Program staff are all industry qualified and have 20+ years of experience in the industry.
- According to a report released by Employment and Social Development Canada, there will continue to be a labour shortage in the skilled trades.
- For example; "Build Force Canada" estimates that the construction industry alone will lose approximately 250,000 skilled tradespeople over the next decade to retirement.
- Currently colleges are reporting that there is a 100% employment rate amongst many of their skilled trades graduating classes.
- The Applied Skilled Trades program will give you the advantage you need and a head start into a career in the skilled trades.
How to apply
Click here to access the application. Applications are due February 23, 2018.
For more information on the program or to book a tour of our school, please contact Maryanne Basso, Head of Guidance, 905-858-3087 ext. 467 or email@example.com