Forest of Reading
The Woodlands' Forest of Reading Club
- Each year, the Ontario Library Association promotes Canadian Literature through the "Forest of Reading" program.
- At The Woodlands, all students are welcome to join our Forest of Reading Book Club, and read titles nominated for the "Red Maple" and "White Pine" awards.
- Red Maple" books have greater appeal to grade 7-8 students, while "White Pine" books are more appropriate for readers in grades 9-12.
- There are 10 books in each category. If students read a minimum of five nominated books within a category, they are able to vote to determine who wins the award.
- For more information, visit the "Forest of Reading" website.
Virtual Author Talks: Forest Fridays
Join us at lunch for a 40-45 min author online visit, followed by 15-20 minutes of questions.
2019 FOREST FRIDAYS SCHEDULE
|March 22/19||11am - 11:45am||Colleen Nelson||Red Maple||Sadia|
|April 26/19||11am - 11:45am||E. Latimer||Red Maple||The Strange and Deadly Portraits of Bryony Gray|
Festival of Trees
What: The Festival of Trees is an amazing celebration of reading! It includes a 1 hour ceremony to announce the winners among the nominated White Pine and Red Maple authors, interactive workshops hosted by the authors, book signing, games, and live entertainment.
When: May 14-16, 2019 (Exact date of visit TBD)
Where: The Harbourfront Centre, Toronto ON
Who: The Forest of Reading Book Club members will have the opportunity to join us on this amazing field trip! More details to come!
Watch: To see a video compilation of a previous festival, click here.
For more information, visit the "Festival of Trees" Official Website.