Social work and psychology support during the summer for students and families
From July 13 to August 28, social work and psychology supports are available for students and parents/caregivers.
Call 905-890-1010 ext. 2608 or email [email protected]
We're here to help.
The 2019-20 school year has certainly had a lot of changes and challenges for students, parents and caregivers. In recognition of the significant impact of our current realities, the Ministry of Education has made it possible to provide short-term social work and psychology support to students and parents/caregivers between July 13 to August 28. These services are open to any students and their parents/caregivers registered with the Peel District School Board.
- Are you experiencing elevated worry related to school?
- Are you feeling an increased level of stress?
- Have you been struggling with feeling sad or experiencing low mood?
- Are you wondering how to best support your child’s well-being during these challenging times?
- Is your child presenting with challenging emotions and/or behaviour and you would like support/strategies on how to manage?
- Are you seeking information regarding community supports?
We are available to consult, provide brief counselling support, complete well-being check-ins, and/or assist you in navigating community resources.
From July 13 to August 28, if you would like to speak to a social worker or a psychology staff member, call 905-890-1010 ext. 2608 or email [email protected]
. Staff will be available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. During these shifts, Black Mental Health professionals are also available to provide support to Black students and families.
All summer support mental health professionals will also be available for follow up counselling support sessions and to link families with community agencies that can also provide supports.
Please note: This is not an emergency crisis support service. If you or a loved one are in crisis, call Peel Children’s Centre Crisis Response Team at 416-410-8615 or go to your nearest hospital.
To access non-crisis children’s mental health services, you can also visit WhereToStart.ca
/ (905) 451-4655 to request an Intake Appointment.