Applications are now open for Secondary Regional Learning Choices Programs for grade 8 students
The Peel District School Board's Regional Learning Choices Programs (RLCP) empowers students by providing them with opportunities to explore their skills in a particular area of interest such as the arts, business, technology, sports, skilled trades and leadership. The board offers 11 different secondary Regional Learning Choices Programs across Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon. The program is available for students beginning grade 9 in the 2021-22 school year.
Applications are open on the board's website for current grade 8 students until Nov. 23, 2020 at 3 p.m.
New self-identification process for secondary regional program applications
As part of the board's commitment to equity and inclusion, and to address significant disproportionalities in enrollment and equitable representation of African, Black, First Nations, Inuit and Métis students, the RLCP application form will include a new self-identification section. As such, all African, Black, First Nations, Inuit and Métis students who self-identify on the application form and meet the criteria for admission will be accepted into the program without participating in the random selection process. View the Directive 9 – Annual Equity Accountability Report Card Full Report for Regional Learning Choices Programs.
Students who are in an elementary Regional Learning Choices Program and interested in a secondary Regional Learning Choices Program will need to self-identify again when applying, since it is a separate process and students do not automatically gain admittance to the program.
Fees and financial support
All regional programs include a non-refundable application fee and an annual program fee. All secondary RLCP application fees are $40 with the exception of the Transportation Engineering and Technology program, which is offered at no cost.
Most program fees are $200, with four exceptions:
Financial supports are available for families who are interested in applying for Regional Learning Choices Programs. For help with the $40 application fee, please contact your current school principal. Non-Peel board students should contact the RLCP principal. For assistance with program fees, please contact the principal at the RLCP school after you have been accepted to the program.
- Advanced Placement program fee - $250
- International Baccalaureate program fee - $250
- Regional Skilled Trades which is offered at no cost
- Transportation Engineering and Technology which is offered at no cost
Where are secondary Regional Learning Choices Programs offered?
The 11 Secondary Regional Learning Choices Programs are offered in the following secondary schools. Transportation is not provided for students in regional programs. Please note that some regional programs are offered at multiple schools and students must select the regional program site within their boundary, based on home address.
To learn about each secondary regional program, application process and to apply, visit the Secondary RLCP page at www.peelschools.org/regionalprograms.
- Advanced Placement (AP) – offered at Central Peel SS and John Fraser SS
- Arts – offered at Cawthra Park SS and Mayfield SS
- Graphic and Design Management – offered at T.L. Kennedy SS
- International Baccalaureate (IB) – offered at Erindale SS, Harold M. Brathwaite SS, Glenforest SS and Turner Fenton SS
- International Business and Technology (IBT) – offered at Meadowvale SS, North Park SS and T.L. Kennedy SS
- International and Executive Leadership Academy – offered at T.L. Kennedy SS
- Regional Skilled Trades – offered at West Credit SS and Judith Nyman SS
- Regional Sports – offered at Applewood Heights SS
- SciTech – offered at Chinguacousy SS and Port Credit SS
- Strings – offered at Central Peel SS and Port Credit SS
- Transportation Engineering and Technology – offered at Bramalea SS