Peel Public Health Annual Immunization Review
This is an IMPORTANT HEALTH MESSAGE
about your child’s vaccinations.
Please read the information below or click on the links for more information.
Walk-in clinics in Peel that may provide immunization
By law, Peel Public Health must have proof that your child has been fully vaccinated (immunized) according to the Ontario vaccination schedule. Peel Public Health does not have your child’s vaccination records on file or your child’s record shows his/her vaccinations do not meet the requirements for Ontario.
Your family doctor does not report your child’s vaccination information to Peel Public Health. As a parent (or guardian) you must provide your child’s vaccination records to us.
All children younger than 18 must have baby vaccines and booster shots for:
• tetanus (also known as lockjaw)
• rubella (also known as German measles)
Children must get the right vaccines at the right time.
PROVIDING YOUR CHILD’S VACCINATION RECORDS
If your child’s vaccinations are up-to-date, please provide them to Peel Public Health using one of the following ways:
• Call us at 905-799-7700. We can arrange for an interpreter if you need one. If you live in Caledon, call 905-584-2216.
• Fax your child’s vaccination records to 905-789-0597 or 905-458-9217. Put Attention: Immunization on the fax cover page.
• Online at www.immunizepeel.ca
• Mail or deliver by hand to:
Peel Public Health
44 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 4B5
Be sure to give only a copy – not the original document – if you’re mailing the records. If you are delivering the records by hand, bring the original document with you and we will make a copy for our files.
UPDATING YOUR CHILD’S VACCINATIONS
If your child needs to get a vaccination:
1) Make a vaccination appointment with your family doctor or visit your walk-in clinic.
2) Once your child has been vaccinated, send the information to Peel Public Health as soon as possible.
PERMISSION TO ATTEND SCHOOL
Students whose vaccination records are not current might not be allowed to go to school. Peel Public Health will help you update your child’s record to stop this from happening.
VACCINATIONS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
Peel Public Health will translate student vaccination records into English for free. Call us at 905-799-7700 to arrange for your child’s record to be translated. If you live in Caledon, call 905-584-2216.
NO OHIP CARD?
If your child does not have an Ontario Health Card (OHIP), we will vaccinate him or her for free.
Call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 to make an appointment. If you live in Caledon, call 905-584-2216.
IMMUNIZATIONS PROTECT YOUR CHILD
• Immunizations protect children from serious infectious diseases.
• Keep vaccinating your child throughout his or her lifetime.
• Send your child’s immunization records to Peel Public Health every time your child gets a vaccine.
If you have any questions please call us at 905-799-7700. If you live in Caledon, call 905-584-2216. We can arrange for an interpreter if you need one. Tell the agent the language you speak and the agent will connect you with an interpreter who speaks your language.
Immunization Records Team
Peel Public Health