Students in Grade 9 currently enrolled in a Quadmester 1 Math course will be taking part in the provincial Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics created by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO), an independent agency of the Government of Ontario.
- Students in Grade 9 who have Math scheduled in Quadmester 2, 3 or 4 will write the assessment near the end of the Quadmester.
- The assessment will be delivered in an on-line, "live" format in the school setting with their classroom teacher.
- Students enrolled in the PDSB Online School (PDSBOS) will not be writing the EQAO assessment.
- For more information, please visit: www.eqao.com
Important details about the assessment
- In 2020-21, EQAO will be using a multi-stage adaptive online assessment.
- It will comprise of two (2) sessions and four (4) stages, that contain a total of 50 multiple choice questions. Each session has 25 questions and 2 stages.
- Student achievement in the first stage of the online assessment will determine the difficulty (challenge) level of the questions the student receives in the second stage.
- The questions for each assessment are distributed among the academic strands in the current math curriculum.
- Prior to taking the assessment, students have the opportunity to become familiar with the format through an introductory session.
For more information, click on the links below:
Tips for Parents - Supporting Students Before the Assessment
Tips for Parents - Discussing EQAO Results
Sample EQAO Math Assessment Questions
Detailed Description (Framework) of the EQAO Math Assessment