Grade 9s, welcome to Rick Hansen Secondary School! We are thrilled to have you join us for the 2019-2020 school year. Hopefully, you are as excited as us to start a new school year. To help you with your transition to RHSS, and to prepare you for your first day of high school, we have provided you with some helpful information.
Date: Wednesday, August 28th Time: 8am-7pm.
- have your picture taken for your student ID card
- pick up your timetable and your copy of the school calendar
- $30 school fee: cash or show proof of payment (from SchoolCashOnline)
- sign up for the school's Google Classroom (for announcements)
If you are unable to attend, you will be able to do most of these things on your first day of school in the school's cafeteria when you arrive.
|Lockers and Locks|
- will be assigned to you by your homeroom (period 1) teacher during the first week of school
- if you have a combination lock, you will be able to use it on your locker
- if you do not have a combination lock, you can purchase one from the school for $5
- school starts at 8:30am and ends at 3:05pm
- your lunch period will be 75 minutes
- you can bring your lunch or purchase it from our school cafeteria
- you are encouraged to get involved with extracurriculars offered at RHSS
- RHSS offers a variety of sports and school clubs; check out the 'Student Life' section of our school website for a listing of school sports and clubs
- school announcements are posted daily on the school's RHSS Google Classroom website
- you will need to sign up to stay informed (a registration password will be made available on the first day of school)
|First Day of School|
- your first day of school is Tuesday, September 3rd
- you need to be at school for 8:30am
- you will go to your homeroom (day 1, period 1) class; if you do not know where it is, a student LINK Leader or a member of staff will help you
- in the morning, you will participate in a variety of team building and school spirit activities run by the school's LINK Leaders
- after lunch, you will attend your semester 1 classes
- you do not to bring lunch on your first day as it will be provided for you
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes as you will be participating in a variety of physical activities
- bring a bottle of water (preferably a reusable bottle), a binder with lined paper (one per subject recommended), pens and pencils, and a positive attitude
We look forward to welcoming and supporting you as we share your journey over the next four years!